Privacy notice for volunteering
How we use your personal details:
- Send you volunteering opportunities or direct you to MAOTeam to accept roles/tasks
- Send details of meetings, social events and training
- Consult you about issues relevant to Modern Art Oxford
- Potentially flag up other, relevant opportunities in the sector and locally
- Share information with you about Modern Art Oxford
When we will get in touch:
- This will usually be on a weekly basis.
- Emails may direct volunteers to the Volunteer Makers website, Modern Art Oxford website, Modern Art Oxford team Facebook page or MAOTeam platform.
- We will be in contact directly to confirm volunteer opportunities you have signed up for or have shown an interest in
We will not share your data:
- We will not share your data with anyone outside of Modern Art Oxford for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
What details we ask for and why?
- We ask for information such as: your name, email, address, telephone and emergency contact details. This is required for us to send you relevant information and for us to ensure your safety whilst you are volunteering with us.
- We need to know whether you are over 16 years of age as those under 16 cannot volunteer at the gallery.
- As a volunteer we may collect extra information about you (e.g. references, criminal records checks, details of emergency contacts, medical conditions etc.). This information will be retained for legal reasons, to protect us (including in the event of an insurance or legal claim) and for safeguarding purposes. Data is retained for up to a year from the last date that you volunteered or removed at your request during this time.
Profiling and personal data created by your involvement with Modern Art Oxford:
- The activities you engage with and your involvement with Modern Art Oxford will result in personal data being created. This could include details of how you’ve helped by volunteering or being involved with events and activities. This may result in images or other documentary footage, a record of the time gifted to the organisation and written or verbal feedback.
- We may analyse your personal information, particularly when researching the demographics of those involved with Modern Art Oxford. We will never pass your personal details on to third parties without seeking consent.
Changing your communication choices:
- You can opt out of receiving emails from Modern Art Oxford by unsubscribing at any time via the link in the footer of our emails.
- You can remove your account from MAOTeam.co.uk by selecting the “delete” option in your profile area
Full Privacy, security and cookie notice for Modern Art Oxford available here.